Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Funeral Cars


Hearse
When I was in my previous village I never saw funeral cars like those that they have in Bamenda. In Bamenda they sometimes use hearses as funeral cars but they also use SUVs and other large cars. One of the most intriguing things about these cars is the way they are decorated. Funeral cars are often decorated with large ornaments on the roofs while many others have police lights or other lights on top. I have not been able to find out where this practice comes from or how it started but it is certainly interesting! I also wonder if these grand cars are only for important funerals or if they are for all funerals. 
Fancy top hearse and SUV with lights
Fancy top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments may not show up right away. I will still see them and get to them as soon as I am able. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, all I ask is that you be polite when doing so.