Monday, October 21, 2013

Malaria

So, before coming here I really did not know anything about Malaria or that it was anything to worry about. We had a medical session on it though and I learned that it can be rather serious. We take Malaria prophylaxis though which they say will help the Malaria not be as bad if we do get it. Before the session I never really thought about using bug spray for any other reason apart from mosquito bites just itching a lot. Now I try to avoid bites as much as possible. That is difficult though being an environment and agriculture volunteer! I have already had to ask for a second bottle of bug repellent and very soon I will need another. I would rather use a lot of repellent than get Malaria, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments may not show up right away. I will still see them and get to them as soon as I am able. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, all I ask is that you be polite when doing so.