Saturday, October 19, 2013

Site Visit (1)

The site visit was really fun! I traveled with Liz, another trainee, and we went to Batie. Batie is a small village near Baffoussam which is a large city. There is a super market in Baffoussam that my host Peace Corps Volunteer, Pamela took Liz and me to. There were pringles and cheese and ketchup and cookies and candy! It was awesome! I hope that there is a store like this somewhere close to my post! I would love to be able to have some of my favorite snack foods! I bought cheesy Pringles. I am really trying to savor them, I still have half a can! After the store we visited the market and then we took a bush taxi to get to Batie. The bush taxi drivers drive very fast and it was a little scary because the roads went all over the hills making the ride feel like a roller coaster. After the bush taxi, we had to take motos to get to Pamela's house. I was very glad to find out that she had electricity and her house was a house and not a mud hut! Although there was no running water, only a forage and a pit latrine, yay! That night we made popcorn and watched "My Cousin Vinny". It was really fun and a wonderful change of pace compared to the "death-by-schedule" that my life is in Bafia! I am very sorry to not continue this now but I have to go and do some homework and others need to use the computer. I will complete this post later but soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments may not show up right away. I will still see them and get to them as soon as I am able. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, all I ask is that you be polite when doing so.